Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday March 3 - Departure

I arrived safely at Emily's and Andrew's home here in Portland, OR at the beginning of the week. It has been whirlwind for all of us. E&A packing up to move into a new house next week - moving out of this house - ANdrew landing a new job at LAnd Rover Portland selling the "big boys" and I am simply trying to get my act together for this adventure - as well as losing a gold crown in a tooth resulting to a quick trip to the dentist. I guess better here than Rarotonga!!

I depart shortly to fly to LA and pick up the red eye to The Cooks - 12-13 hours. I have my Ipod, Laptop and some "pharmaceuticals". I will be testing our Satellite Telephone connection and cell Phone possibly for brief texting. We are scheduled for orientation meetings Sat & Sunday, tours on Monday and start our work programs on Tuesday. I will certainly let you know about my accommodations at the KiKi Motel!!

I hope to compose some additional observations while winging over the Pacific. Hope we don't have any unscheduled water landings.

Cheers, For Now jw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home